A Focus On Sustainability
A Wide Range of Environmentally Friendly Packaging Available
At PPG, we believe very strongly in the conservation of our environment, its resources and the recycling of as much product as possible. We believe in living the practice of "reduce", "reuse", "recover" and "recycle". These four practices are the pillars of our commitment to a better environment and social responsibility.
Wherever possible we endeavour to provide environmentally friendly solutions to our customers, whether these are in the form of using recycled content in our packaging design, biodegradable voidfill, plastics alternatives and formulas and/or an effort to reduce the amount of packaging materials a customer requires. We focus on the total life cycle of a product and recognise that protecting the environment is the responsibility of us all.
Click on the document below to learn more about PPG's environmental sustainability sourcing policy.
Think Green - Think PPG
Our environment is dependent on the businesses of today to take the lead to preserve natural resources for a healthy future. PPG and its subsidiaries are dedicated to helping make this happen.
We source and will continue to offer more agreeable products so that our customers can better respond to their customer's requirements.
Environmentally friendly products we offer include:
- Biodegradable void fill
- Degradable polybags
- Degradable bubble wrap
- Degradable protective post bags
- Recycled content in board, plastics and other consumer materials
We are committed to constantly developing and expanding our environmentally friendly product range so we can offer our customers a complete line of alternative “green” products.
Where required by legislation, all our paper and wood based products are sourced via FSC certified forestries and suppliers.
We will source, where possible, environmentally friendly products that meet most if not all the below criteria:
- Are certified as environmentally friendly, preferably by an independent third party
- Is less pollutant to minimize waste
- Maximize the use of bio-based or recycled materials
- Conserve energy and water that are converted to greenhouse gas emissions, ensuring we measure, reduce and publish
- Are compostable, or biodegradable where suitable to end use
Our Commitment To The Environment
PPG and its subsidiaries are signatories to the Australian Packaging Covenant (APC). The APC is a voluntary based agreement between companies in the supply chain with all levels of government to reduce the environmental impacts of consumer packaging. PPG will achieve it obligations to the APC by ensuring the core principles of the group are adhered to, measurable and reported. Tools and methods used by PPG to achieve this include:
- PPG’s APCO 3-year Action plan – Click to learn more
- Use of PREP (Planet Arc’s tool) – Click here to learn more
- Signatory to SEDEX A/B membership – Click here to learn more
- Risk and Compliance Framework – Click here to learn more
- PPG Product Declaration – Click here to learn more
- PPG/Integrated Recycling – Click here to learn more